The Next Few Days are Critical to Save Medicaid
posted on 2017-07-26 12:01 pm
- The Next Few Days are Critical to Save Medicaid
The health care fight is not over and we need your help! The Senate voted to begin debate on the health care bill, and over the next few days will be voting on various proposals to repeal the Affordable Care Act. You can learn more about the process here.
Many of these proposals will deeply cut the Medicaid program and cause millions of people to lose health care coverage and threaten access to home and community based services.
The next few days are critical: Your Senators must hear from you about the importance of Medicaid in the lives of people with disabilities!
This is the civil rights fight of our time, and we need advocates like you to remain vigilant to protect all that has been built to ensure the inclusion and equality of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in our society.
Use our simple tool to call your Senators now and tell them:
- I am a member of The Arc.
- I am a person with I/DD (or a family member of someone with I/DD, or a professional in the disability field).
- I (or my family member) depend(s) on Medicaid long term supports (or home and community supports) to live in my/our community.
- Please OPPOSE any legislation that will cut or cap Medicaid.
- These types of cuts would be devastating to me/us and other people with disabilities and their families.
As the disability community battled against efforts to cut and cap Medicaid over the last several months, we have shown our strength, our power, and The Arc thanks each and every advocate who has stepped up in this fight.
Please Note: If you can't get through to the phone number our system gives you, please call the district offices. You can look them up here.