The Arc 2017 Catalyst Award Winners!
posted on 2017-09-15 4:17 pm
- The Arc 2017 Catalyst Award Winners!
On November 3, The Arc will present the prestigious Catalyst Awards to five honorees, all of whom have made extraordinary contributions in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD).
This year’s winners hail from a wide swath of our society, including one of the most iconic companies in the world, the cast of a hit television show, the self-advocate behind Olmstead v. LC and EW, legislators from the states of Indiana and New York, as well as one of our nation’s most prestigious law firms, all breaking ground in how society perceives people with disabilities.
The Arc is proud to announce this year’s winners for our prestigious Catalyst Awards:
- Corporate Advocate of the Year – Apple
- Self-Advocate of the Year - Lois Curtis
- Television Show of the Year –Speechless, Scott Silveri, 20th Century Fox Television, ABC, and the lead cast of the show
- Legal Advocate of the Year –Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom, LLC
- Public Policy Victory of the Year – Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara (NY), Senator Robert G. Ortt (NY), Representative Tim Brown (IN), and Senator Luke Kenley (IN)